Sunday, May 24, 2015

Wesley turns 10

The night before Wesley turned 10, I went downstairs to his bedroom to tell him goodnight and explain to him just how much I love him…. but seriously. Seriously! All I thought about as I hugged and kissed him goodnight was just how much he STUNK! He was definitely turning ten and disgusting. Hahaha. We laughed about it together and that was that. The next morning, I didn’t have a choice, he was TEN—two whole hands! Kind of bummed me out. Ten is a little closer to becoming a teenager than I’m ready for. Are you ever ready though? Some days, I wish I could walk into my bedroom in my apartment in Iowa and see a small infant still taking a nap on my bed. A new Mom. The days when everything was easier and a little less demanding. I spent every second focused on HIM. Now I am going crazy trying to get everywhere and do everything. Isn’t it crazy that giving birth to this amazing boy, not only made me a Mother, but MY parents grandparents?! Now I have 5 children and my parents, well…. I lost count how many grandkids they have. Hahaha!

Wesley, Thank you for being my pal. Thank you for being so fast to forgive and so quick to say I’m sorry. You are the best kid a Mom and Dad could ask for. I hope your birthday was perfect and that you enjoyed turning 10. We had a great year with you and can’t wait to see what the next one has in store for you. Probably lots of lizard hunts and begging for pet iguanas and/or trips to Mexico.

The most amazing thing about you is….. YOUR HEART! I love you.

20150331_21451220150402_14235320150401_074924

We had celebrated your birthday with cake, ice-cream, and presents. I’m so glad you were born on April Fool’s Day because it gives us all a chance to mess with ya!

IMG_2172IMG_8196IMG_8197

Grandma HowDeeDoo got you a box full of the most hysterical items. The funny thing is that after this was all said and done, you put them all to use and really did enjoy them. From a mouse trap, panty hose, fake eyelashes, soap, toilet paper, Pink hat and mittens, hard crusty marshmallows, cupcake liners, to a remote control. You name it, it probably was in there. He also got $ and a gift card to Walmart! That gift was very entertaining for all.

IMG_8201IMG_8207

Grandpa and Grandma Fishy helped put money towards Wesley’s bow that he got for Christmas, but they tricked him with a wrapped box containing 2 giant rocks. It was a great April Fools joke.

IMG_8209IMG_8210

Grandpa and Grandma gave Wesley some paper plates to make targets for his airsoft gun. Although it was an April Fool’s joke (because they got him a nice target stand and targets) Wesley actually really enjoyed making his own targets out of the plates!!!

IMG_8213IMG_8216

Wesley was trying to trap a frog and Grandpa and Grandma Bowman’s house, but instead he caught a raccoon. So Dad decided to surprise him for his birthday by having it tanned. Wesley is crazy about fruit! Instead of a birthday cake, he wanted a birthday fruit pizza! Well, it was delicious! I love his healthy choices.

IMG_8223IMG_8226

The weather wasn’t the greatest for Wesley’s friend party! We all ended up inside our living room. All bazillion of his friends. Anyways, it was extremely loud, but absolute blast as well! While the kids were at school, Isaiah and I sewed up some bean bags! We had a been bag tournament, cake, ice cream, presents, etc.. The boys had a blast… especially when the weather cleared up towards the end and they were all able to go play out back and get some much needed air.

IMG_8420IMG_8421

Wesley even got a chocolate cake! Good times.

IMG_8424

No comments:

Post a Comment